>Our aim is to ensure the maximum quality in every production, both technical and narrative.
We have more than 25 years of experience in the field, which allow us to offer tailored solutions for each stage of the production.
AVID ecosystem / NEXIS shared edit with the ability to editing in the cloud in different locations / Shotting assist and editing on Set / Rental AVID edit rooms
Color Grading SDR & HDR - ACES Workflow - Dolby Vision / VFX / Motion Graphics / Steroscopy / VR360 / Workflow and Postproduction supervision
Project analysis and workflow design from set to deliveries, with tracing and technical supervision of all processes
·DIT - WORKS ON SET
DIT-STATIONS / ACES Pipeline / Media Management and Backup / Dailies and Editing Transcodes / Video Assist
·DIGITAL CINEMA - DCP
DCI & SMPTE Authoring and DCP (Digital Cinema Package) distribution copies / KDM Management / DCP transcoding to other formats
Digitalization and transcoding of digital files of any format / Video Network encode / DVD and Blu-Ray Authoring
Large-capacity storage and media management for large projects / Backup and Long-term Archive on LTO
Digital Deliveries on multiple formats and supports / Dolby E deliveries / QC control with PSE certificate
·CALIBRATION - COLOR MANAGEMENT
Monitor calibration and certificate issuance / Lighting analysis of work environments / Technical LUT making and color space conversions
Spectral measurement of light in lighting equipament with graphic report emission
All edit rooms are configured with Avid MediaComposer software as the primary tool. We have a networked NEXIS project server to be able to work on the same project simultaneously in all rooms. Own system for editing in the cloud from different locations.
Color rooms designed with Broadcast, Cinema DCI and HDR standards. Equipped with Sony BVM-HX310 4K HDR / Sony Trimaster and Flanders 2K OLED reference monitors. Calibration with Calman Studio and spectrophotometer. Cinema room with D-ILA 4K projector, 7.1 sound and Atmos Home. SDR and HDR Dolby Vision mastering.
Digital Laboratory for image processing. Workflows Design, color and LUTs management, Dailies transcoding, media and metadata management. Laboratory in SET. LTO Backups. All kinds of Deliveries for Digital Cinema, TV and broadcast on networks. Dolby E encoding.
The technical base of our workflows is based on ACES and this allows us a very precise management of the image from the filming set to the final delivery.
We have carried out tests with different digital cinema cameras, with different color spaces, gamma curves, codecs ... and we have analyzed how the images respond as they pass through different software tools until we achieve a comprehensive workflow, which allows us see our image with the same color and contrast parameters at any time during the process and adapt to the type of viewing needed in both SDR and HDR.
Our facilities, your equipment configuration and our training are supported by the DOLBY VISION certification for work in HDR.
The guarantee to register a good digital image is through having a Digital Image Technician (DIT) on the set.
It will be the support for the Director of Photography regarding the quality of the image and the treatment of the color, in addition to guaranteeing the correct management of the media and its metadata, backup copies, transcodes for the editing department, technical reports , camera equipment configuration settings, supervising the workflow with all the departments involved on and off the set.
Alfonsín Digital Lab offers On·Set services with DIT technicians and digital stations that cover all these needs, with the plus of having a post-production infrastructure behind and the experience that certifies a precise workflow.
· Project-specific workflow with support for all digital cinema cameras.
· Full support for ACES color management with live color grading.
· SDR and HDR reference monitoring with Calman and spectrophotometer calibration.
· Management of camera media and metadata with triple copy on raid5 disks.
· Safe offload of raw materials with HASH control (xxHash and MD5).
· Daily media management reports and digital camera reports.
· Color metadata management based on CDLs, LMTs, LUTs, CTLs and AMFs.
· Transcodes and dailies for editing with support for all systems and codecs.
· Cloud-based workflows between SET and POST studio.
· Custom design for each production of the entire flow of discs and backup copies.
· NearOnSet service for complex transcode processes and LTO backup.
We have several fully modular digital stations.
All DIT-stations are based on APPLE MAC systems, with the most common software applications for this type of work.
Technical characteristics and size can be configured to allow full operation in performance and mobility, depending on the type of work for which it is needed.
Our equipment also has Grade 1 Monitors, LUT boxes, Safe Raid for transport, monitor calibration system and all the necessary accessories for the work of a DIT.
We also have compact equipment for DATA work in productions where only this function is required and portability and security prevail.
We analyze Color Grading rooms, editing rooms and image monitoring equipment, generating screen calibration certificates and reports with recommendations for use and optimization of viewing environments
· Jeti HiRes spectroradiometer probe and X-rite colorimeter.
· LightSpace, ColourSpace, Calman SpectraCal and Jeti LiVal software.
· SDR·HDR reference monitors calibration and certificate issuance.
· Measurement of light in work environment with issuance of recommendations report.
· Make a technical LUTs and color profiles with conversions between different color spaces.
· Make offsets for colorimeters owned by the client.
· Spectral measurement of light in lighting equipament with emission graphic report.